FC connector features a 2.5mm ferrule and a threaded coupling nut, for a consistency of the secure connection in high vibration environment and in lab testing.
The FC connectors are available in single-mode of PC, UPC, APC, multi-mode of PC, etc. They have standard boots which are suitable for 900um, 2.0mm and 3.0mm cable diameters. The standard colors are blue, green and beige.
FC stands for Fixed Connection. It is fixed by way of a threaded barrel housing. FC connectors are typical in test environments . FC connectors were designed for use in high-vibration environments. The FC Connector is the most popular connector used today. It can be seen in every area of the communications environment, from a telecom’s distribution room to a LAN closet, the FC has set the standard for optical Fiber connectors. FC are being replaced by SC and LC connectors.
FC connectors offer extremely precise positioning of the fiber optic Cable with respect to the transmitter’s optical Source Emitter and the receiver’s optical detector. They feature a position locatable notch and a threaded receptacle.
The FC connectors are mainly used for single mode applications were precision is required. With its simple to use locking thread mechanism preventing accidental disconnection, this provides a very secure connection.Features：
1. Thread and integration structure with reliable connector;
2. Square and round flange;
3. Split zirconia (ceramic) ferrule is adopted.
Corrosion resistant body,Ultra low back reflection
4. High return loss, Low insertion loss
Precision mechanical dimension
5. Push-and-pull structure, convenient for operation;
6. Split zirconia (ceramic) ferrule is adopted.
7. Available fiber diameter: 0.9mm, 2.0mm, 3.0mm
8. Usually mounted in a distribution panel or wall box.
9. The connectors are color coded allowing easy identification of the connector type.
10. Available with single-core & multi-core patch cords and pigtails.
11. ROHS compliantApplications:
LAN & WAN